Exploration, Excitement, Experiences! That’s what the Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your Open Water Diver certification. This course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of one of Seven Seas Scuba’s dive professionals. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
Get credit! Each Adventure Dive may also credit toward the first dive of the corresponding Specialty Diver Course.
– Course fee – $250 (includes all educational materials and certification card)
– Rental Gear, if needed – $65 for a full set-up or 50% off individually needed items
There are no pool sessions required for AOW allowing the class to be conducted over the course of a two-day weekend. For available class dates Click Here
Materials required for the class are:
- Your own gear or please arrange for your own rental; you will need 3 tanks.
- Two underwater lights, a primary and a back-up
- An underwater compass
- A knife or shears/sea snips
- Underwater dive slates are not required, but are very useful. If you chose to do FISH ID or Underwater Naturalist for one or both of your elective dives, it is possible that we can make dive slates available to you for the dives. Please check with one of us in advance.
To receive the Advanced Open Water certification, students will need to:
- Read Chapters corresponding to prediscussed elective dives in the Adventures in Diving Book
- Complete the corresponding Knowledge Reviews for the Chapters corresponding to prediscussed elective dives in the Adventures in Diving Book
- Attend one class session prior to the certification weekend or mini-class sessions prior to each dive
- Complete three elective adventure dives in addition to the Navigation and Deep dives (minimum two days of diving) and adequately performing all required skills
Please download, read, and fully complete the following form before class:
Continuing Education Administration Document. If you answer yes to any question on the Medical Statement portion of the form, click here to download the full Medical Statement and for your health and safety you will need to have your physician sign on Page 2 prior to your in-water dives.