Divemaster is the first step in your professional dive career. As a Divemaster you will have the ability to assist instructors in working with students, lead dive trips, give guided tours of dive sites, independently conduct scuba refreshers, discover local diving, skin diving, snorkeling, and Emergency First Responder (EFR) courses (additional training required for EFR)!
Also as a Divemaster you will be a marketable commodity to local dive shops or if travel interests you, dive operators and live-a-boards often have positions available to Divemasters (even more so to those seeking to continue their training to Instructor level). The Divemaster rating simply opens up an entirely new world of dive experiences!
- Course fee – $550 (plus books and application fee)
- Dive Equipment – Candidates are responsible for owning and providing his or her own personal scuba gear for the duration of the course
The PADI Divemaster course is not a conventional sit-down class. It is an internship program with a completion time frame depending on the cohesion of the Divemaster Candidate’s schedule, the instructor’s schedule, and our scuba class schedule. A typical divemaster program may take anywhere from 30-90 days. The divemaster program consists of knowledge development to a professional level (via independent study, lectures, & tests), professional mastery of water skills and stamina exercises (i.e. the basic skill circuit, in-water rescue assessment, and other various in-water exercises), practical application by assisting with classes in both confined water and open water, and more. Additionally, candidates will have the opportunity to work with more than one PADI instructor to develop a personalized professional style.
Also please be aware that upon successful completion of this course and receipt of certification from PADI, you will need to obtain professional liability insurance before you take on any Divemaster duties. For your professional benefit, insurance will be discussed and information available to you during the course.
To be eligible as a Divemaster Candidate with Seven Seas Scuba, the following pre-requisites must be met:
- You must be at least 18 years or older to start the program
- You must hold the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- You must hold the PADI Rescue Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- You must be able to show proof of at least 20 logged dives (before accepting a Divemaster Candidate into our program at Seven Seas Scuba, we ask that those 20 logged dives be at minimum in cold water and not include any certification dives with an instructor, i.e. OW, AOW, Rescue, or certain specialty dives.)
- You must complete a Medical Statement and have it signed by a physician prior to starting any pool or open water work
Being an active Divemaster can afford you with some of the most enjoyable and rewarding times in your dive career. We look forward to sharing this experience with you. Please contact call and set up a consultation time to discuss the Divemaster program in more detail.