BROWNING PASS, CANADA – Browning Pass HideAway Resort
September 5th-10th, 2017
Join us as we go diving with Browning Pass HideAway Resort. Browning Pass HideAway Resort is a unique wilderness dive destination located 12 miles northwest of Port Hardy, accessible only by boat. Just minutes from a variety of world class temperate dive spots in Queen Charlotte Strait and Browning Pass marine protected area, this area is also a magnet for large marine life and on the travel routes of whales and other marine mammals.
- Trip cost $1,276.00 USD. Initial deposit $600.00 to get on the roster. Final payment of $676 due August 5th, 2017.
- 6 days/5 nights = 4 full days diving. 3 to 4 dives a day with a total of 14 dives for the trip.
- Transfers to/from Port Hardy provided. (pick-up in Port Hardy ranges between 2:30-4:30pm on the 5th; return drop off at 11am on the 10th)
- All Meals, snacks and non alcoholic beverages included (see Dining below).
- Free use of Kayaks and canoes for sight seeing!
- Lead weights and aluminum tanks are available free of charge – advanced reservations required. Limited steel 120s, 100s or 80s are also available for an extra fee ($30 for whole trip) – advanced reservations required. Other rental gear available – advanced reservations required. Air fills are included.
- NOT INCLUDED:Enriched Air is $15 Canadian ea or $120 USD for whole trip. O2 fills at $2 per cubic foot. (highly recommended)
The shop has detailed information sheets on what to expect and what to bring available for pick-up or emailed to you upon request. Ride sharing and ferry schedules along with the travel itinerary will be organized by trip leader Billy and communicated/created among the group with their specific needs in mind..
The water temperature ranges from 6-12 degrees celsius and visibility changes throughout the year. As with most BC diving, visibility is best in the spring, fall and winter (15-30 metres/50′-100′). During the summer months, particulate in the water reduces visibility slightly (5-20 metres/20′-70′). Strong currents in the area mean that our dives are planned based on slack times rather than the clock. We aim to do three to four dives in a day but there is no guarantee that we can dive a specific site at a specific time. We can guarantee that over your stay here you will be able to dive a variety of amazing sites.
Accommodations at the Hideaway are rustic and cozy. We have a range of double and triple room configurations, with single and double beds. All rooms are with ensuite bathroom, linens and towels are provided. Electrical power is available by generator so your camera and lights will always be ready for your next dive. Rooms have in-room controlled heating.
Three home-cooked meals a day are included. Breakfast includes cooked items such as fluffy pancakes, french toast, eggs made to order, sausages and bacon, and you may also choose from a selection of cereals, porridge (<– yep, it’s Canada!), fruit, toast and fresh muffins. Lunch typically consists of hearty soups to warm us divers up served with bread, buns and crackers, as well as a variety of sandwich fixings and salads. Two meat dishes are typically available for dinner, served with potato, pasta or rice, several cooked vegetables and salad, plus dessert of course!
Please download, read, fully complete, and return to us the following form before departure: Travel Release.
Ask Nikki, our shop Manager, about payment plan options.